BAU 2013, a leading trade fair for Architects, Materials and Systems, is being organised from January 14 to 19, 2013 at the exhibition centre in Munich. “BAU made an impressive record at 60,000 visitors from abroad at the 2011 fair. We are aiming at more than 2,000 exhibitors from at least 45 countries for 2013. We expect visitors at around 240,000 from all around the globe, ”says Exhibition Director Mirko Arend.
Companies and world market leaders covering the full range of building materials and services will be participating at the Fair. This show addresses every aspect of planning, design and construction and is divided into individual sections dedicated to building materials, products and theme areas based on sustainability.
BAU 2013 will also be focusing on “Energy 2.0” and “Urban Development in the 21st Century”. Other top themes are modernization and building for life. A diverse and interesting programme of events is being organized to explore these themes; it will feature, for example, forums, theme presentations, congresses and awards.
The broad range of products and services on show at BAU 2013 is tailored to meet the needs and interests of all the fair’s target groups of visitors. These are:
- Planners: Architects, engineers, energy consultants, interior designers, landscape architects, local and national building authorities, structural engineers.
- Investors: Agents, facility managers, fund managers, housing associations, private and local authority developers, real-estate managers, retailers/retail chains.
- Building trades: Awnings/blinds fitters, bricklayers, carpenters, concrete specialists, dry wallers, façade fitters, fitters, flooring fitters, glaziers, heating engineers, insulation fitters (thermal, sound), joiners, landscape gardeners, locksmiths, metalworkers, painters, parquet flooring fitters, plasterers, plumbers, roofers, shopfitters, solar technology specialists, tilers, window/glass façade fitters.
- Building materials trade: building material suppliers, DIY stores, other retail.
- Research, further education: Universities, research institutes, master craftsmen colleges and trade schools.
Companies wishing to exhibit at BAU 2013 can apply online at www.bau-muenchen.com.