Equinox Business Park – Tower 3, Mumbai is an environment friendly green Tech Park which not only saves energy and cooling costs but also gives more lung space and natural light for employees working there.
Site Sustainability Features
- The project is in an ideal location with close proximity to public transportation thereby minimizing transportation pollution and strain on local infrastructure.
- Alternate Refueling stations have been provided for 3.27% of total vehicle parking spaces which promotes the usage of alternate fuel vehicles
- 26 preferred carpool/ vanpool parking spaces have been provided accounting for 5.23% of the total parking capacity.
- The project has rainwater collection tanks of capacity 180 cu m to store run-off. The stormwater design will ensure removal of 80% of the average annual post-development total suspended solids
- Provision of high reflective tiles on the roof surface thus reducing urban heat island effects. 76.40% of the roof area has been covered with white reflective tiles.
- Low flow dual-flush toilets, sensor based urinals and other low flow fixtures have been selected to reduce water consumption by over 74.24%.
- The project has selected high performance glazing, Energy efficient Air Conditioning System (HVAC) using high COP Water Cooled Chillers, Variable frequency drives for Pumps and Air Handling Units (AHUs) and energy efficient exterior and common area lighting
- The project has achieved 14.5% energy cost reduction compared to the stringent ASHRAE 90.1-2004 baselines thereby ensuring that the building operates efficiently while not compromising on occupant comfort.
- A detailed metering system ensures adequate measurement and monitoring of all building systems to continuously monitor the building post-occupancy as well.
- Ventilation System is designed to provide 30% more fresh air than ASHRAE 62.1 2004 requirements.
- The project has ensured up to 97.83% of total construction waste of debris has been recycled or reused thereby diverting them from landfills
- The project has achieved a combined recyclable content value of 16.6% of total material by cost thereby reducing virgin material exploitation
- About 90.68% of the total material cost was manufactured within 800km thereby reducing the pollution due to transportation
- 74.6% of the total project’s materials by cost were extracted, harvested or recovered within 800km of the project site
- 75.62% of the total wood based building materials are harvested from FSC certified forests