Cooling towers and emergency power generators were installed at the new Gold Coast University Hospital. The requirement was an effective sound absorption product that could be exposed to the elements, e.g. coastal area and salt exposure. Reapor was succesfully installed keeping all the requirements in mind.
Reapor is a new acoustic panel that gives specifiers flexibility to control noise without restrictions in application created by weather, environmental or fire issues.
On this project, Reapor panel was easily installed using c-channel as the structure. The resulting construction created an outdoor noise enclosure surrounding the Central Energy Plant Building on the Gold Coast University Hospital Project at Southport, Queensland.
Reapor, a soundproofing panel made from recycled glass, is not only superior in its ability to absorb noise energy but also in its resistance to damage or deterioration from the elements. As such, it has outstanding noise control performance in extreme weather. Reapor is non-combustible, making it fire-safe for use in any building application. It is free of chemicals harmful to the environment or to the building occupier, and is both recycled and recyclable.
Reapor reuses bottle glass in a process that creates glass granules whose controlled porosity gives each granule outstanding acoustic absorption in its own right. A patented process fuses the granules into a homogeneous panel boasting exceptional absorptive performance (NRC 0.90/50mm). Further, the fusing process dispenses with the need for binders which can release Volatile Organic Compounds and in the event of fire, produce smoke.
This unique product, which comes in panels 625 x 625 x 50mm, will give long life outdoors and indoors. The rigid, durable material is unaffected by weather, is lightweight, workable with conventional woodworking tools, easy to clean and repair, fibre free and safe to use.
Areas of Use
• weather-affected areas • high fire-safety areas • tunnels, vent shafts and exits • machinery enclosures • schools, hospitals, aged care • wet areas, car washes • plant rooms, substations • pools, spas • rail tunnels, transport depots • interior, plain, painted, rendered • exitways, smoking areas, stairwells •airports, stations, parking exits • road barriers, exterior plant fences • swimming pools
• high sound absorption • non-combustible • fibre-free • rigid and durable • 100% recyclable • easily worked • lightweight • quick and simple to install • non-toxic, VOC free • simply maintained and cleaned • paintable • simple to repair • safe to use
Being non-combustible (tested to meet DIN 4102 A1), Reapor is the soundproofing panel of choice for today’s specifiers facing tougher fire codes or potential weather issues. Reapor is particularly suited for schools, hospitals, aged-care facilities, plant rooms, substations, exitways, smoking areas, stairwells, airports and other transport terminals.
• Resists weather, water UV and pollution over an extended period of time.
• The NRC of a 50mm panel is .90 which is exceptionally high for an outside absorber.
• Non-combustible product
• Easily installed to a C – chanel making fixing quick and easy.
• Resistant to normal chlorides and potassium. Reapor will survive without further protection near coastal areas.
• 625mm x 625mm panels or, for larger projects, 1200mm x 600mm panels available.
• Fibre-free and requires no additional treatment to maintain performance.
• Made from 100% recycled material glass carrying an excellent green rating.
• No binders, non-toxic and without VOC out-gas.
• Easy to cut and shape to allow for penetrations.