Infosys, a global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing has announced that its BPO building at the Hinjewadi campus in Pune, has been awarded LEED India ‘Platinum’ rating by the Indian Green Building Council. With this, Infosys now has a total of eight buildings covering more than 2.5 million sqft of space that has garnered the prestigious Platinum rating.
Key features of the BPO2 Building in Pune include:
• Efficient lighting: The use of LED and T5 lamps has resulted in 40% more efficient lighting than global ASHRAE standards
• Innovative wastewater technologies: The building has dual plumbing lines which facilitates recycling of water which is used for landscaping, air-conditioning and flushing
• Reduction in water consumption: Low flow fixtures and the use of recycled water have resulted in a 60% reduction in water consumption
• Use of local materials: About two-thirds of the materials used for the project were manufactured within 800 km of the project site
• Efficient HVAC design: Chilled beams and dedicated outdoor air systems are provided with chilled water from the district energy system. This design has resulted in 46% higher efficiency compared to ASHRAE baseline standards