The smart steel building technology is getting popular in Indian construction industry as it ensures sturdy and fasttrack construction. Moreover, it is a zero-water, no brick, no sand construction technology which uses light gauge steel frame structures.
The smart steel building technology is the part of preengineered building (PEB) concept in which each component of a building structure is manufactured in controlled factory environment and assembled at the project site. It enables timely delivery of constructed unit and in case of an existing building, without altering of the design. For instance, in a conventional rooftop extension, brick and mortar construction not only increases the load on the existing building, requires time for completion and additional treatment for sound and thermal insulation, but also needs permission from civic bodies.
Smart steel building system is an efficient way of creating areas on the roof such as office, gym, canteen, conference halls or recreational are, etc. And the most important advantage of this technology is that no additional permissions are required since the extension is completely independent of the existing building structure. Moreover, building can be completed at a three times faster rate than conventional methods of construction even in seismic, hilly, coastal and high-wind areas. Most suitable for low-rise lowspan structures, it is 100% customized, aesthetic, durable and green building system with inbuilt stability. Using the core strength of high tensile steel, its light gauge steel frame allows multiple applications across residential and commercial sectors. Companies like Everest Industries, Sai Structures India, Buildfab Structure System, E-Pack Polymers Pvt. Ltd. and Richa Industries Ltd. are providing different solutions in this smart steel building technology. Manish Sanghi, MD, Everest Industries Ltd. said, “Steel buildings don’t have to be dull boxes meant only for industrial infrastructure. Modern residences and businesses need modern buildings with highly specific and environment friendly features. We see a tremendous opportunity in the rising roof top extensions market in space constrained cities like Delhi & Mumbai, wherein people can benefit immensely in terms of fast, strong and safe construction by using modern construction technology. The 60,000sqft Ansal Institute of Management & Technology in Lucknow was completed in just 90 days using this concept.”
Rooftop Extension is the new trend catching up in metropolitan cities suffering from space crunch. Preengineered building technique is a convenient way to add more floors in an existing building without impacting the load bearing capacity of the building.
- Design flexibility that allows architects & interior designers to choose from large variety of internal and external finishes
- Buildings are resistant to adverse weather conditions, earthquake, moisture, termite and fire
- The rooftop extension technology can be utilized in the creation of additional building sites in attractive areas of inner cities as also, support positive changes in the structure of high-rise residential buildings
- Helpful in creating high-standard flats by improving the current appearance of buildings from an architectural point of view and improving their technical condition
- The light weight construction technology over comes the challenge posed by limited load bearing capacity of some critical buildings