JLL’s The new Mumbai office of Jones Lang LaSalle Property Consultants India at ONE BKC is a showcase of Future of Workwhere technology meets workplace design to create exemplary people experience for both clients and staff.
The new workplace of JLL strategically located in BKC spreads over 23,355sqft of prime, 100% environmentally sustainable workspace offering opportunities for staff to collaborate, belong and grow. It has been specifically designed to provide a superlative workplace experience to boost productivity in tandem with employees’ wellbeing. The design team (Architect PDM International China) : considered a less traditional, warmer color palette for all material finishes. Existing ceiling finishes where exposed wherever possible to open up the office.
Technology is a key business driver and has been given its due importance by JLL, at the new office. There are proprietary mobile APPs that can be utilized to reserve meeting rooms, and every conference room and most meeting spaces have monitors for quick informal meetings. Sustainability,energy efficiency as well as enhanced air quality are also achieved by adopting highly advanced technology. Low VOC paints and adhesives have been used and the carpet & furniture used are environment friendly and ergonomically designed.
In addition, to ensure employee well-being, the office offers a 24-hour gym within the office. There is also a walking track that surrounds the open office space. Employees are encouraged to walk, exercise and/or collaborate with one another. The large green spaces in the office are strategically located to encourage people to take a take a break and collaborate.
Earlier on, JLL Mumbai was functioning on the traditional workplace model with 150 workstations spread across Level 7 of the Peninsula Business Park at Lower Parel. The previous office did reflect an open office culture but lacked the collaborative spaces and creative zones for recreation, due to a lack of space for future expansion.
JLL’s new Mumbai Office departs from the traditional corporate interior concept to a flexible, adaptable technology driven special design. This was in part driven by the new value proposition and Future of Work vision for Asia.
Walking through JLL’s new Mumbai office, one comes across innumerable features that make for a productive modern workplace..
- Energy-efficient and state-of-the-art mercury free LED lighting
- Daylight harvesting feature using daylight sensors for office lighting.
- PHI (Photo Hydro Ionization) Cell for improving indoor air quality which purify the air and also helps reducing odors, bacteria, VOC’s.
- Imported, Green Guard Gold & Climate Positive certified workstations (environment friendly)
- Water-efficient fixtures to avoid water wastage
- Waste segregation at source
- Access to public transport to minimize carbon footprint
- Enhanced air quality via Low VOC paints, adhesives and sealants
- Advanced air conditioning systems
- Real-time energy analytics for tracking and verifying performance
- Tech-enabled meeting rooms with occupancy or vacancy sensors, Condeco Meeting Room Scheduler for room availability and Meeting Room Booking on the spot, via outlook and through mobile App
- Mobile Bluetooth/NFC Enabled Access Control System for Entrance access to facility and Staff Lockers
- BYOD (Bring your own device) concept for AV technology across all meeting rooms which are enabled with Wi-Fi gateways (wireless presentation)
- Small meeting rooms (4-6 pax) are Skype enabled, and support cloud-based Video Conferencing
Workplace and Employee Experience
- Board rooms enabled with ceiling microphones with beam steering technology (clutter free desks)
- Imported Electrical motorized programmable Height adjustable workstations
- Imported ergonomically designed, BIFMA certified Herman Miller-make Mira2 chairs for workstations
- App based FM Help Desk services for efficient visitor and facility management.
- Imported ergonomically designed Steelcase make Think Chair for Meeting/Conference rooms
- High density, Green Label Certified carpet (34 Oz/yd2) for better cushioning and acoustics
- Fully-equipped gym, jogging track within the office, a Bollywood themed cafeteria, Babyteria for nurturing mothers
- A tech enabled 15-mins room in order to compress briefing sessions.
- All-white room in order to encourage enhanced cerebral discussions and brainstorming sessions
- Break-out areas with amphitheater-like step seating to encourage more informal engagements and for attending webinars and online group trainings.
- Nature aligned with life-sized trees with bird-chirping sounds in order to de-stress the workplace at frequent intervals
JLL’s global ‘people first’ workplace culture puts the needs of its employees and clients ahead of all other considerations. Our cool new office in ONE BKC amply reflects this philosophy, and is the epitome of impeccable interior design and layout, ultra-modern comforts and conveniences as well as sustainable Grade A real estate. With the launch of this new office, we are rededicating ourselves to those who matter the most to us – the people who work for us, and the people we serve.”
— Ramesh Nair
CEO & Country Head, JLL , India
With the earlier office approaching its lease expiration, there were exactly 45 days to be allocated to this project. Quick approvals/decision making, effective management of long lead items and project stake holder deliverables, expedited execution by designing and producing maximum elements offsite with very few left to be worked upon onsite, coupled with using factory-built finishing items like paneling, ceiling, partitions break out furniture etc. helped JLL achieve an un-compromised fit-out in record time.
There were certain base building challenges like slab strengthening of the space for battery installation, power availability, restricted working hours for noisy works, lift availability, space constraint for storage of material etc. All challenges were overcome by effective management and communication between property management team and contractors.
GST implementation fall during the project tenure affected material delivery immensely. Especially factory manufactured domestic material. However, with effective communication with supplier, exhaustive documentation and tracking the team managed still meet the project timelines.